It’s almost the end of October and I don’t know about y’all, but I’m frustrated because fall still hasn’t really hit Texas yet. It’s not hot anymore, but today was humid and muggy. I did a run outside this morning and was feeling all kinds of nope (but at least I got through it)!
It seems like we only get a total of ten days of pleasantly crisp fall weather, before we are plunged unceremoniously into the despairs of winter. But let’s not dwell on that inevitable doom and try to make the best of things…
This recipe came about because I was craving chai before my class, but today was way too muggy for hot drinks. After enjoying this treat, it dawned on me that I could have just had an iced chai latte, but ice cream is always more fun, isn’t it? 🙂
This recipe is a refreshing way to enjoy comforting flavor of chai lattes for those of us who crave fall but are are stuck in a warm climate!
4 Ingredient Chai Latte Ice Cream
makes 1 serving
Total time: less than 10 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas, cut into coins and then frozen (have them frozen at least a couple hours before starting!)
- 1/2 teaspoon chai spice mix (I already had a jar of these spices on hand, but there’s a couple ways to do this–from scratch or from already ground up spices)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black chai blend (I just opened up a teabag and used 1/2 teaspoon of it)
- a splash of pure vanilla extract (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- toasted pecans (optional)
- Blend everything in a food processor or high speed blender until thick and creamy, taking care to scrape down the sides to make sure everything gets incorporated. This takes a few minutes, so be patient, and you will be rewarded with creamy, healthy nice cream! Add more chai spice or vanilla to your taste, and top with toasted pecans, if using. Enjoy!!
Hopefully fall picks up around here soon. I hope you’re having the best week!
I have an exciting Harry Potter recipe coming out tomorrow, as part of a Halloween collab I recently did with The Plant Strong Vegan (Margaret). I cannot wait to share it!
10 thoughts on “4 Ingredient Chai Latte Ice Cream (Nice Cream)”
Wow, what a cool idea! I would never have thought to make a chai flavored banana ice cream but it makes perfect sense. Love it!
Thank you, Liz!! I’ve been playing with the idea of adding different flavors to banana ice cream and chai seemed like such a good match! hehe. I’m glad you love it! It’s super easy; hope you get to enjoy it soon! 🙂
I wish I could reach through my screen and grab this so I can eat it right now!! 😀
haha, thanks Sarah!! I wish I could share it with you through the screen 😛
it is a great recipe. a tasty winter ice. I immediately made a whole jar of chai spices. I love it.
Hi Josja! Thanks so much; in glad you enjoyed it! 🙂 Chai spices are so perfect for fall and winter! Hehe