It’s almost the end of October and I’m frustrated because fall still hasn’t really hit Texas yet. It’s not hot anymore, but today was humid and muggy. I ran outside this morning and was feeling all kinds of nope.
It seems like we only get a total of ten days of pleasantly crisp fall weather, before we are plunged unceremoniously into the despairs of winter. But let’s not dwell on that inevitable doom and try to make the best of things…
This recipe came about because I was craving chai before my class, but today was way too muggy for hot drinks. After enjoying this treat, it dawned on me that I could have just had an iced chai latte, but ice cream is always more fun, isn’t it? 🙂
This recipe is a refreshing way to enjoy comforting flavor of chai lattes for those of us who crave fall but are are stuck in a warm climate!
4 Ingredient Chai Latte Ice Cream
makes 1 serving
Total time: less than 10 minutes
- 2 frozen bananas, cut into coins
- 1/2 teaspoon chai spice mix (I already had a jar of these spices on hand, but there’s a couple ways to do this–from scratch or from already ground up spices)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black chai blend (I just opened up a teabag and used 1/2 teaspoon of it)
- a splash of pure vanilla extract (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- toasted pecans (optional)
- Blend everything in a food processor or blender until thick and creamy, taking care to scrape down the sides to make sure everything gets incorporated. Add more chai spice or vanilla to your taste, and top with toasted pecans, if using. Enjoy!!
Hopefully fall picks up around here soon. I hope you’re having the best week!
I have an exciting Harry Potter recipe coming out tomorrow, as part of a Halloween collab I recently did with The Plant Strong Vegan (Margaret). I cannot wait to share it!