Sometimes you start your day at noon.
Especially on Saturdays. Especially when you’re a grad student and you decided to add a dirty chai latte to your Friday night so you could stay up until 4 am working on various projects (school & otherwise).
That is why my #VeganMofo post for today is not really a lunch on the go, it’s just something yummy on the go! 🙂 It was basically my breakfast since I started my day so late. In about 10 minutes, I threw this refreshing goodness together in a jar and took it with me to school, where I spent most of my day studying.
The tart raspberry nice cream contrasted with the toasty sesame flavor of the creamy chia pudding, and every bite was accented by sweet juicy peach slices! When eating this, I suggest getting a little bit of everything in each spoonful.
Simple Sesame Chia Fruit Parfait
(makes 1 jar)
Total time: 10 minutes or less
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (full fat from the can gives a great flavor and creamier texture but if you don’t have it, just use any kind of nondairy milk!)
- 1 T black sesame paste (or ground black sesame seeds)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- maple syrup, to your taste
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- a heaping handful of frozen raspberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 ripe peach, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- Mix the milk, sesame, chia, maple syrup, vanilla, and half of the raspberries (crumble them) in a 16 oz jar. Set aside.
- Make nice cream! Blend the banana with the other half of the raspberries until you achieve a thick froyo-like consistency. Raspberry chunks are fine here!
- Place a generous layer of peaches on top of the chia pudding layer in the jar. Push them down so you can fit more in!
- Spoon the nice cream on top of the peaches and fill your jar up to the top.
- Top with extra peaches. Then snap some photos, if you’re like me.
- Take a few generous licks of the nice cream so that you can close the jar before taking it with you to work/school.
Note: The nice cream will melt a bit but overall it doesn’t really matter as long as your destination is not more than 20-30 minutes away. I say this with confidence because I dawdled for at least half an hour before actually getting into my studio at school, and my parfait stayed cold and lovely!
I hope you enjoyed this and that you’re having a relaxing Saturday night!
Come back tomorrow for a spring roll recipe. It’s been a long time coming, I know. 🙂
One thought on “Simple Sesame Chia Fruit Parfait”